Bluetooth not working on Windows 8.

Question

• After installing Windows 8 I have not been able to detect any Bluetooth devices.

The Bluetooth Support Services are running under "local service". Going to the devices and detecting new devices does not detect any devices. i have tried 2 different key boards and 2 different mice but non work with the windows 8 machine. This same work with my mac and windows vista box.

what can i do next to troubleshoot.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:24 PM

Answers

• Should be device driver issue. If the driver rleleased by manufacturer does not work in Windows 8, we need to wait for the driver update from the manufacturer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:23 AM

All replies

• You could follow steps to Troubleshoot Compatibility Issues in Windows 8 Consumer Preview and if that didn't solve your issue try report this issue to your PC manufacturer and also please post back your system specification.
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:43 AM
  • Thank you for the reply.

I built my own system, it is using an ASUS republic of gamers motherboard, intel cpu, and about 16 gigs of RAM. I am running Windows 8 Consumer Preview Build 8250.

The Bluetooth dongle that I use came with the Microsoft mobile keyboard 6000 that I am trying to pair with the system.  it is listed on the compatibility list.

Any other suggestions on how to make this work would be great.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:19 PM
  • tengo observaciones serias referente a windows 8 consumer preview  en el modo dlna server con el programa nero media home 4 essentials no me lee el enlace entre mis dispositivos dlna certificated y con ningun otro programa de servidor dnla que pruebo incluso ya probe el windows media server etc et.no me reconoce mis dispositivos dlna cuando con windows 7, si lo hacia.en settings me lee en el espacio que le corresponde a mi dispositivo que is not windows certificated ademas el xbox companion no esta activo para la region de mexico,.el windows 8 consumer preview marca error open gl al abrir programas con codecs de 3d en el ,navegador start se congela si se usa el windows media server cuando se reproducen videos resuelvan los bugs comentados con algun update por favor gracias.pd sin mencionar que cuando lo instale me borro mis programas debido a que no esta muy obvio que debes de realizer una particion,antes de instalar windows 8 consumer preview por que no tiene un punto de restauracion de antes de la instalacion,.
    Monday, April 16, 2012 5:57 AM
  • in the factory website ??

use the drivers for WWindows 7...

Edwin Garzon

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:21 AM
  • You probably just need to update your drivers, for your Bluetooth device.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:56 PM
  • Should be device driver issue. If the driver rleleased by manufacturer does not work in Windows 8, we need to wait for the driver update from the manufacturer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:23 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alina-Gabriela Saturday, January 05, 2013 4:13 PM
    • Edited by Britman1955 Saturday, January 05, 2013 7:09 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 6:20 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Alina-Gabriela Saturday, January 05, 2013 4:13 PM
    • Edited by Britman1955 Saturday, January 05, 2013 7:09 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 6:39 PM
  • I had the same problem since upgrading two days ago, but applied this fix today and all is working great.  Bluetooth is an embedded device needing Windows 8 compatible drivers.  I upgraded two days ago and suffered the loss of my Bluetooth after being advised to uninstall the Broadcomm (Widdcomm) driver before upgrading.

Today I installed the Windows 8 compatible Broadcom Bluetooth Driver from the Lenovo web page (see link below) and  I have since successfully added the following blue tooth devices (all now connecting):  my IPhone 4s, my IPad 3, my Panasonic music centre with IPod/IPhone dock and my works Lumia 800 Windows Phone.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser and download and install the Broadcom (R) Bluetooth Driver s1blt3us17.exe listed.

You will then see the Bluetooth icon appear in your system tray at the bottom right hand side of you desktop after a restart.  Right click and select 'add a Bluetooth device'.  This will take you to the Windows 8 'Device' page.  Put the device you want to be added into pairing mode and click the + add device button. 

Once added, stay patient and don't go clicking around until windows has installed the device drivers (small blue progress bar will appear under the name of the device).

Once done you will find a new TILE added on the Windows 8 'Start Screen' for each device added.  Click on the tile for the device and the 'Bluetooth Control box will start up and appear on your screen.  From here you will see the device you have just added and you can click on 'connect' (to connect) and 'disconnect' (to disconnect once connected).

http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032438&rss=true

I know this works and my instructions here can be fully trusted.

Good luck.  Trevor.

What do you mean by upgrading? I have to uninstall the bluetooth driver from windows 7? and upgrade to windows 8 and install the driver? or do you mean uninstall the driver from windows 8 and upgrade to the new bluetooth update?
    Monday, November 26, 2012 11:16 PM
  • This worked on my Dell     Thanks!!!
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:23 PM
  • Can you believe that?? The link: "http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032438&rss=true" proposed by TMA7 work very well on my samsung notebook NP-RF511-SD3. I could send from the computer to telephone but the inverse not!!! after this my bluetooth work full!!! thanks and try too. (by the way: my bluetooth mouse worked well, but not show battery level, and now yes!!! ... so everything is ok, thanks)
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:00 AM