none
EWS internal url question

Question

• Greetings!

Changed EWS internal url on exchange 2010, done iisreset.

Closed Lync 2013 client, reopened it, opened configuration information and it still shows old address for EWS internal URL.

What to do to refresh it on Lync client side?

bostjanc

Thursday, July 04, 2013 12:14 PM

Answers

• Well guys/girls.

I guess it just needed some time to work. It has refreshed it.

i dont know what helped, because i have installed CU JULY for lync 2013, ran some update addres books, recreated some lync clients.

case closed

bostjanc

Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What happens when you look with Outlook is it updated there?

Regards,

Johan

Exchange-blog: www.johanveldhuis.nl

Thursday, July 04, 2013 12:37 PM
  • Well I'm not quite sure which one stands for EWS url in outlook.

Availability service URL is showing the wanted new address and OOF URL is showing the wanted new address

bostjanc

Thursday, July 04, 2013 12:47 PM
  • Hi, Then it should be ok Lync will use autodiscover retrieve the info but it looks like something is cached by Lync. What happens if you delete the lync client profile and the start lync again? Regards, Johan

Exchange-blog: www.johanveldhuis.nl

Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:35 PM
  • Well guys/girls.

I guess it just needed some time to work. It has refreshed it.

i dont know what helped, because i have installed CU JULY for lync 2013, ran some update addres books, recreated some lync clients.

case closed

bostjanc

Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:42 PM
  • Fyi.

I am assuming that, EWS URL correctly updated on Exchange server.

You can verify via following Cmdlet:

Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory | fl name,externalurl 

Result -you will get EWS URL.

Once you have this URL set, you can verify that it is accessible by viewing it via your browser of choice. If it is accepting connections and servicing Autodiscover requests, you will get an XML. Forbidden 401 errors however that are expected. This means all is well. If you do not get this response, check the security settings on the virtual directory.

Later you check on Lync client: Ctrl+ Right click on Lync Icon. Select Configuration Information there you will see EWS URL.

If EWS URL not found and it show EWS URL not displayed. Then you need to following things.

Resolution:

Two Resolution – Either add Autodiscover URL in SAN certificate and create ‘A’ records for the same or create SRV record.

Option 1: Add to SAN certificate.

1. Login to Lync server > open RUN > type MMC > Click on File ‘Add/Remove Sanp-in..’
    2. Add ‘Certificate’ and select computer account > click OK
    3. Certificate will be added / display and then expand the ‘Personal’ > click on Certificate
    4. You will see you SAN certificate and just double click on Certificate > Details > you will see all URL including Autodiscover URL.
    5. If Autodiscover URL not their then you need order SAN certificate again with Autodiscover URL.
    6. After Adding Autodiscover URL, create A record for the same. Like Autodiscover.sipdomain.com and your director server IP address.

Option 2:

1. Adding a SRV record pointing to the Exchange CAS for Autoconfigure in the other domains.

Regards Balu Ilag MCSA, MCITP

Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:28 PM