none
to manage failover cluster,you must be logged in with a domain user account.

Question

• to manage failover cluster,you must be logged in with a domain user account.

hi everyone, this is the messege i received after installing failover cluster on our Servers and try to config the cluster manager.

apart from it i don't have the opotunity to validate and create failover cluster.

and i have all rights  on any machine in the Domain and all the permissions.

which is full rights permissions.

all help are apprecieted

thanks

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:56 PM

All replies

• Are you sure you didn't mistakenly log in with the local administrator account instead of the domain administrator?  I know I've inadvertently done that sometimes.

Could you show the group membership of the account you are using?

.:|:.:|:. tim

Monday, November 11, 2013 6:34 PM
  • ya, i actually used the domain name and the Administrator to loggin, which is Svr-server1\Administrator .

and i also created a user with domain Administrator rights but is not working.

Thank you very much for your concerns. 

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:55 AM
  • A few things...

1. The server must be domain joined
    2. The server must be a Member Server (not a domain controller)
    3. You need to be logged on locally to the server with a Domain User account which is a member of the local Administrators group.  You do not need to be logged on with a Domain Admin account.
    4. Triple check that you are not logged on with a local account.  Using "Administrator" can get confusing, I recommend using your normal domain user account for yourself...

Thanks!
    Elden

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:48 PM
    Owner
  • "ya,i actually used the domain name and the Administrator to loggin, which is Svr-server1\Administrator ."

So Svr-server1 is the name of your domain and not the machine you are logging into?  Not what I generally see for a domain name, but something I regularly see for a server name.  That's why it looks a little strange.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:56 PM