none
Remove Data mining structure

Question

• Hello,

I attempted to start using the Data Mining add-in in Excel, connecting it to a SQL Cube. For experimentation I clicked on Forecast. Eventually it led to an error. So I decided I'll look into it later, however following this the refreshing of the cubes errors out. I got the following error alert:

The 'Range Structure' structure does not contain bindings to data (or contains bindings that are not valid) and cannot be processed.

Searching the forums I found that I have to remove the mining structure from the cube. However the 'Mining Structures' folder in the cube is empty.

So how would I go about removing the mining structure? And how would the add-in from excel affect the cube, is it not a data extraction tool only?

Kind regards

A Sapphire

Friday, September 13, 2013 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

It would be helpful for you,

Use Data Mining Designer to remove columns from a mining structure after it has been defined in the Data Mining Wizard.

To remove a column from the mining structure

1. Select the Mining Structure tab in Data Mining Designer.

2. Expand the tree for the mining structure, to show all the columns.

3. Right-click the column that you want to delete, and then select Delete.

4. In the Delete Objects dialog box, click OK.

Monday, September 16, 2013 10:09 AM
  • Did you click Forecast in the "Analyze" tab or in the "Data Mining" tab?

You can try to delete the mining structure using the DM Add-in in Excel. To do this,

- select the "Data Mining" tab

- click Query

- click Advanced

- under DMX Templates, select Management, delete mining structure

- in the main editing area of the dialog, click on the <Structure> to select the mining structure

- click Ok

- click Finish

Tatyana Yakushev [PredixionSoftware.com]

Download Predixion Insight 3.0 - World class predictive platform for big data

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:24 AM
    Answerer