none
SBS2008 Assistance needed with calander sharing - scheduling assistance does not show up properly

Question

• I am new to this forum, so I apologize if this topic has been covered but I have searched extensively with no avail to my problem. We are running SBS 2008 Professional with about 15 clients either on XP or Win7.  About a 50% mix of both operating systems as well as 32 and 64 bit.  XP is all 32 bit while Win7 all 64bit.

Now to the question.  A group was setup called office, which everyone is a member of and every client shares their calendar permissions with that group so that they are a reviewer.  On my calendar, I open a shared calendar for anyone in that group and see their calendar properly; however when I use scheduling assistance, I get no information returned from the server.

Does anyone know why this is and better, how do I correct it? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please specific the issue with more detailed information? It makes me feel a little confused.

1.  Which method you would like to share the calendar? Via SharePoint or Exchange?
    2.  Based on my experience, Scheduling Assistance is a feature in the Outlook client, could you please let me know the Outlook client version.
    3.  Since the Scheduling assistance is not showing up properly, please share a snapshot via SkyDrive with us to identify the issue.

At the same time, please make sure that you have followed the article below to share your calendar:

Title: Share your calendar information
    URL: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/share-your-calendar-information-HA001230249.aspx

BTW, please make sure that Outlook clients are up-to-date.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please specific the issue with more detailed information? It makes me feel a little confused.

1.  Which method you would like to share the calendar? Via SharePoint or Exchange?
    2.  Based on my experience, Scheduling Assistance is a feature in the Outlook client, could you please let me know the Outlook client version.
    3.  Since the Scheduling assistance is not showing up properly, please share a snapshot via SkyDrive with us to identify the issue.

At the same time, please make sure that you have followed the article below to share your calendar:

Title: Share your calendar information
    URL: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/share-your-calendar-information-HA001230249.aspx

BTW, please make sure that Outlook clients are up-to-date.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

Any Update?

James

James Xiong

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 1:02 AM