none
Logoff remote sessions to multiple servers for the same user

Question

• Hi,

I'm after some advice, I have a junior DBA working with me who has a tendancy to leave remote connections on various production servers, we have a large estate about 300 servers and trying to identify the servers is a difficult task.

I was hoping to use SQL Server Management Studio / Registered servers and issue one simple command against all servers to logoff the account which has been left connected. I normally log into each server start Task Manager/Users and log off the account, this then stops the account locking but only when I have identified all servers he is still connected to. I have tried the comand prompt Logoff and session ID, this works great but the session ID on each server can be different.

Any help or advice would be great! Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:54 PM

Answers

• Hi

I think it would be easier to enable session time out settings using GPO considering you work in a domain environment..

Having session timeouts settings you could say... hey after 15 min of inactivity disconnect the user and then after 15 min of disconnected session log him off

Take a look at this URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754272.aspx

Hope this helps

Best regards

Joaquin Camarero Muñoz

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi

I think it would be easier to enable session time out settings using GPO considering you work in a domain environment..

Having session timeouts settings you could say... hey after 15 min of inactivity disconnect the user and then after 15 min of disconnected session log him off

Take a look at this URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754272.aspx

Hope this helps

Best regards

Joaquin Camarero Muñoz

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:29 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm what is the current situation.

Did you try to use the gpo to configure Timeout and Reconnection Settings for Remote Desktop Services Sessions as jcamarero mentioned.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Vivian Wang

Friday, April 18, 2014 1:41 AM