none
service-specific error %%-2147221213.

Question

• Yesterday I updated Exchange 2010 with SP1.

I had issues installing and I finally got the update to complete by removing a couple of registry entries in my mailbox role ( Action and Watermark which I posted yesterday). Now I rebooted the server and the Information service will not start. It was mounted prior to the reboot.

I get eventi ID 7024 and also 7031

The 7024 error references The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147221213.

I'm at a loss as I don't see many posts to resolve the non starting service..

Anyone have any ideas??

Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:08 PM

Answers

• Thanks for both of your replies. I appreciate it!

The issue is resolved. After my SP1 Update, I hadn't rebooted the server until the next day ( there were people working on the system after I finished installing, and I hadn't at that time rebooted). The next day I rebooted the server and got the server specific error I mentioned above. I did look at time differences on both my domain controller and my Exchange member server and they were in sync. What I did find out later ( not going to the Application log at the beginning, only to the system log that gave me the 2147221213 error), I found out that the eseutil was replaying log files ( around 7 of them) after that happened the system was able to mount the database. I've done more than 1 dozen SP1 updates to clients and every time I pray that it will work correctly. This time it didn't as with others that I was able to fix. I did call MS Support, but before they could resolve the issue I fixed it myself.

Thanks for everyones responses! I appreciate it!

James Antonetti
    • Marked as answer by JJAnton Monday, February 21, 2011 4:25 PM
    Monday, February 21, 2011 4:25 PM

All replies

• Please post the details of the event 7031

Please the dependencies of the information store service

·         Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

·         Server

·         Windows Event Log

·         Workstation

Please check the “Log On” tab of the information store service, only “Local System account” should be selected

Please compare the time between the problematic server and the DC. If the problematic server is a virtual machine, please also check the time on the host machine

Please refer the article below to check the windows time configuration

Configuring the Windows Time service for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2” section in Upgrade Domain Controllers: Microsoft Support Quick Start for Adding Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Controllers to Existing Domains

Resources:

Incorrect time displayed on 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 after in-place upgrade

James Luo

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, February 21, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Thanks for both of your replies. I appreciate it!

The issue is resolved. After my SP1 Update, I hadn't rebooted the server until the next day ( there were people working on the system after I finished installing, and I hadn't at that time rebooted). The next day I rebooted the server and got the server specific error I mentioned above. I did look at time differences on both my domain controller and my Exchange member server and they were in sync. What I did find out later ( not going to the Application log at the beginning, only to the system log that gave me the 2147221213 error), I found out that the eseutil was replaying log files ( around 7 of them) after that happened the system was able to mount the database. I've done more than 1 dozen SP1 updates to clients and every time I pray that it will work correctly. This time it didn't as with others that I was able to fix. I did call MS Support, but before they could resolve the issue I fixed it myself.

Thanks for everyones responses! I appreciate it!

James Antonetti
    • Marked as answer by JJAnton Monday, February 21, 2011 4:25 PM
    Monday, February 21, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Cool, thanks for sharing the solution!!
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:36 AM