none
group policy on windows xp users

Question

• Dear ,  I have some windows xp users and we have done some GP implementation on some  OU's with XP users , but it is not effecting on windows xp with sp3  , however i have installed the patches as required but even though no effect and our Server is 2008 .

what is missing . . !

IT

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:53 AM

All replies

• What GP implementation have you done ? Could you please detail in and help with Gpresult as to where its failing .

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Anand Shankar

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:54 AM
  • What GPO have you configured, also check if you have any security filtering configured - or WMI filtering..
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:44 AM
  • thre is no filtering done , and the policy is working if i login with the same users on any windows 7 machine .

normal policies applied,

default web page

blocking network adapter , control panel ....

IT

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Please check the OU where the Windows XP Pc resides on - (Make sure the configured GPO is linked to that OU)

Also Please run gpresult /r on the windows XP PC and post the output on here. (Or upload to skydrive) .

Regards

MassonTech

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:39 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Before going further, could you please let me know which group policy didn’t work?

Please run gpresult /v on the command line to have a check on XP PC, and also please make sure

the GPO is well linked to the users’ OU.

If the issue has been solved, it will be very kind of you to share the information since there may be

some other guys who would encounter this same case.

Best regards

Michael

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:39 PM