none
Cannot insert duplicate key row in object dbo.InstancesSuspended with unique index IX_InstancesSuspended_InstanceID

Question

•  

Hi there

I keep getting the error "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object dbo.InstancesSuspended with unique index IX_InstancesSuspended_InstanceID" when I try to create Hosts on BizTalk Server 2006 (not R2)

It is a weird one and doesn't appear all the time. The only way I can make it go away is to delete all the rows from dbo.InstancesSuspended. I have to go to these lengths becasue the VBS script supplied on MSDN to delete old service instances doesn't remove them either.

I am getting this on my dev server which is continually built and rebuilt over the course of a day so it is experiencing the deletion and re-creation of hosts, host instances etc.... a lot more than normal.

The only other place I could find where someone gets this error is here: http://www.modhul.com/2007/10/24/host-delete-failed-quick-fix/ and this guy does the same thing as me.

Surely deleting rows from the Message Box is not recommended practice, is there some other fix for this?

Regards

Andrew

Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:55 PM

Answers

• Nick Heppelston wrote about something similar here. Be careful though! You're on your own here. But as it's on your development machine it isn't that critical I guess ..?

Richard Hallgren

http:://www.richardhallgren.com

Monday, December 03, 2007 6:01 AM
  • Andrew,
    I encountered this problem in a development environment in exactly the same situation (i.e. rebuilding hosts/host instances using msbuild) and found that this was the only way to resolve the issue, with the exception of re-creating the whole BizTalk environment.

As I write in my post - use this with caution!! If you encounter the same problem in a production environment, I would suggest ringing MS Support.

Nick.
    Monday, December 03, 2007 9:43 AM

All replies

• Nick Heppelston wrote about something similar here. Be careful though! You're on your own here. But as it's on your development machine it isn't that critical I guess ..?

Richard Hallgren

http:://www.richardhallgren.com

Monday, December 03, 2007 6:01 AM
  • Andrew,
    I encountered this problem in a development environment in exactly the same situation (i.e. rebuilding hosts/host instances using msbuild) and found that this was the only way to resolve the issue, with the exception of re-creating the whole BizTalk environment.

As I write in my post - use this with caution!! If you encounter the same problem in a production environment, I would suggest ringing MS Support.

Nick.
    Monday, December 03, 2007 9:43 AM
  • Hello

I am getting this exception (in the event log) in a production environment.

"Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.InstancesSuspended' with unique index 'IX_InstancesSuspended_InstanceID'"

Somewhere around this event log entry there is another entry which says

"The messaging engine encountered an error while suspending one or more messages"

I am not deleting/creating any host. These event log entries have become quiet frequent (once in few minutes).

The system receives about 40-50 messages in a minutes and also sends 40-50 messages per minute.

Earlier I was not bothered about the error entries, but then the system got very loaded recently and there were many message failures due to SQL connection timeouts (this was internal to my biztalk application, but it occured under very heavy load).

I am just concerned whether the above error (cannot insert duplicate key . . .) is related to biztalk's performnace going down and resulting in my application crash.

Kazi

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 12:33 PM