none
Users AD account will not logon when computer is off network?

Question

• Hi,

I have a users AD account on a 2011 SBS server that's account will not log into any of the network computers when the computers are disconnected from the network. The user account will log into any computer fine when on the network but if the user is away from the office on there laptop it will not log in.

You receive an error message something along the lines of "No domain server was available to validate your password" but can't remember for sure as I do not have access to the computer at the moment. I have seen this issue before and it is to do with the workstation itself but this time I have tested and can see it is with the User AD account not the computer.

Cheers,

Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:00 AM

Answers

• Hi:

Strange, so asking for clarity.  Only a single user but multiple/every tested systems? 

I have seen a single user on a single system, and I have seen multiple users on a single system, or even multiple users on identical notebooks (think fingerprint software), but never one user (only) on multiple systems where others were successful.

Any chance this use is mistyping?  Try entering credentials in the format:  domain-name\user-name and password.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]

Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi:

Strange, so asking for clarity.  Only a single user but multiple/every tested systems? 

I have seen a single user on a single system, and I have seen multiple users on a single system, or even multiple users on identical notebooks (think fingerprint software), but never one user (only) on multiple systems where others were successful.

Any chance this use is mistyping?  Try entering credentials in the format:  domain-name\user-name and password.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]

Sunday, July 07, 2013 11:45 AM
  • Hi,

Yes it is strange and I have never seen it before. What you say is correct and it is 1 user account that is having issues logging on to all domain computers when off the network. I make sure that when on the network the user has logged in to insure the account is cached but once off the network will not allow them to log in.

I did read some where in my attempts to Google this issue that someone had a similar issue and it was related to a settings for there VPN remote access but I have removed this from the users settings in AD.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:42 AM
  • Hi guys,

This is still an issue and I am going to have another a look at it tomorrow.

Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

Monday, July 29, 2013 10:26 AM