none
Running Master Data Services Excel add in on Windows 7 Home Premium for SQL Server 2012

Question

• Hi <o:p></o:p>

Is it possible to run the Master Data Services Excel add in on Windows 7 Home Premium?<o:p></o:p>

I'm running SQL Server 2012 and when I run Master Data Services Configuration Manager I'm presented with the Alert below under Confirm Prerequisites:<o:p></o:p>

Before creating an MDS web application, you must correct the following errors:
                Internet Information Services (IIS) is not configured on this server.
                            These required Web Server role services are not installed:
                            Windows Authentication
                For web application requirements, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=215355.<o:p></o:p>

I can however create a MDS application website linked to the Master Data Services database and successfully connect to the MDS application website with a browser (<o:p>running the MDS website and App Pool with Basic Authentication because Windows Authentication is not available as an option in IIS for </o:p>Windows 7 Home Premium) 

However when I attempt make a connection with the MDS Excel add in to the MDS application website URL in Excel (running as Administer) I receive the following error:

<o:p>Message: Async executer exception System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Negotiate'. The authentication header received from the server was ''. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.</o:p>

<o:p>I *think* that this is an authentication issue due to the mismatch between the MDS application website and the MDS Excel add in. If that assumtion is correct is there anyway that I can connect to MDS with the Excel add in with another authentication scheme other that Windows Authentication?</o:p>

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:29 PM

Answers

All replies