none
Windows Server 2008 r2 Lost Username

General discussion

• This might sound a little strange however it has me stressing. I forgot my username to my server which runs windows 2008 r2. Every time I shut it down before it would remember my username from my previous log-in. This time it didn't and I completely forgot what it is. I know the password, just need my username. Any way to figure it out besides trying to remember it? I need it asap, thanks!
    Saturday, June 29, 2013 10:36 AM

All replies

• Is this server domain joined ? If yes, use AD users and Computers on any other machine and search for this users using any parameters that you might remember, open the user and under the account tab you will see the login ID.

The other option is to open the C$ admin share from another computer, open \\<servername>\C$\Users

This will show all the users which have a profile, if you are lucky you might remember yours. !!

--Pranav

Saturday, June 29, 2013 10:54 AM
  • since you know the password, go to a workstation list all the active directory accounts.

hopefully,you can remember the username when you see it.

check out this link, follow the steps on how to list all user accounts in active directory:

http://quickbytesstuff.blogspot.sg/2013/04/quick-way-of-listing-all-active.html

Hope it helps!!! Good luck!!

Keep us posted if it works!! :)

Every second counts..make use of it.

Saturday, June 29, 2013 1:32 PM