none
problems activating an office 2010 standard with mak key

Question

• Hi everybody, i'm getting mad trying to activate 1 of the 5 (multi) licenses on a Windows Xp

professional based computer . I dont understand why, after ayt least 2 months, this computer

suddenly asks for office activation. I tried to "modify" the product key, and to re write it ( obviously

i'm using the mak product key i got from microsoft volume licensing website) , but it says

the product key is invalid,and there' s an error code : 0X8007232B     Any suggestions ?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/office2010standarderror.jpg/

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the most common reason for this error code (DNS name does not exist), is when a MAK pkey is not properly installed, and a KMSclient pkey is still installed.

Another reason would be if the necessary MS activation server names are not able to be resolved by your internet provider (or internal proxy).

The need to re-activate can be triggered by a hardware change.
    If your attempt to re-input your MAK pkey fails (is not accepted) then the present pkey will remain.

You can check the currently installed pkey and status, using the ospp script file, and also you can use the same script file to install/change a pkey.

Check the status by running the following:

1) In the Start menu, search for “cmd”, then right click on the cmd.exe result and select “Run as administrator.”

2) In the command window, enter the following 

cscript "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

To enter the MAK key manually:

1) In the Start menu, search for “cmd”, then right click on the cmd.exe result and select “Run as administrator.”

2) In the command window, enter the MAK key (without angle brackets but including dashes) in the following line by typing:

cscript "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /inpkey:<MAK key>

Note:If you are running the 32-bit version of Office 2010 with a 64-bit operating system, %ProgramFiles% = Program Files (x86)

3) Starting an Office 2010 application will then prompt you for activation through the UI.  Alternatively, you can trigger it by running the following:

cscript "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /act

4) Check the status by running the following:

cscript "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

Don

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:21 AM