none
SBS 2011 - Auto Lock Client Computers

Question

• How do I auto-lock all domain computers after XX minutes of inactivity?  For security reasons, I need to force the computers into a locked state to prevent unauthorized access.  I would love to know how to create a GPO to do this, but I cant find any of the settings in the current policy management.
    Friday, March 04, 2011 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can do this by setting the following GPO: User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Control Panel and then depending on your SBS server version choos display or personalization and set the password protect the screen saver. Ofcourse you have to set at least the screensaver and screensaver time out seetings gpo

Regards Ronny
    -------------
    Visit my Blog or follow me on Twitter
    Friday, March 04, 2011 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can do this by setting the following GPO: User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Control Panel and then depending on your SBS server version choos display or personalization and set the password protect the screen saver. Ofcourse you have to set at least the screensaver and screensaver time out seetings gpo

Regards Ronny
    -------------
    Friday, March 04, 2011 6:46 PM
  • I looked in the GPO - but there is nothing in the screen saver or display area.  I had the setup correct on our old SBS 2003 server, but on SBS 2011, it doesnt appear that the screensaver setting or display setting is completely built out.
    Friday, March 04, 2011 8:34 PM
  • on SBS 2011 you have to look at personalization in stead of display!

Regards Ronny
    -------------
    Friday, March 04, 2011 8:37 PM
  • Will this GPO also work on XP machines?

Ben Weinberg
    Prime-Networks
    www.prime-networks.co.uk

Please post the resolution to your issue so that everyone can benefit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:10 PM