none
complete system restore from USB drive using w7 install disc

Question

• despite I put the main image folder at root level, I got prompt for setupinfo. what is it, I wnet thru every single file under it but none got accepted

what can I do?

btw it's w7 pro

• Edited by fs - ab Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:23 AM
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:57 AM

Answers

• no blue screen, just the message to the effect of  "incompatiable version for the installed disc"

so I made a restore disk boot with it. it seem to work except my image was then considered have a corrupted FIle!

I end up using an image from a different pc with same hardware,. once restored, I used sysprep on it. changed the computer name that seem to work OK

BTW: if one has to copy image folder and it's files etc,  best to copy image files from admin  ID not user ID

robocopy /mir seem to work under admin ID

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:36 AM

All replies

• Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:28 AM
  • It turns out I had to power down and cold start to find the backup

however, I got the problem of incompatiable version for the installed disc. the system was w7 pro x64 and I tried both w7 pro x64 plain and the one with sp1. both got rejected.

what can I do?

Saturday, November 16, 2013 6:12 AM
  • Can you elaborate on the issue, like the error message you see, the behaviour of the PC (like if a blue screen appears), etc.?

Balaji Kundalam

Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:40 AM
  • no blue screen, just the message to the effect of  "incompatiable version for the installed disc"

so I made a restore disk boot with it. it seem to work except my image was then considered have a corrupted FIle!

I end up using an image from a different pc with same hardware,. once restored, I used sysprep on it. changed the computer name that seem to work OK

BTW: if one has to copy image folder and it's files etc,  best to copy image files from admin  ID not user ID

robocopy /mir seem to work under admin ID

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:36 AM
  • Hi,

I'm glad that you solved your issue. and Thanks for your posting you answer here.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:33 AM