none
On-premises data refresh

All replies

• I got this to work but not without a bit of suffering. The key turned out to be making sure the data sources were named exactly the same name in Excel and the Power BI Admin Center.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:30 PM
  • Hi Ray,

I would like to thank you for trying the on premise data refresh feature. As this is a public preview stage we glad to get as much feedback as we can so we could improve our product towards GA.
    The item that you have raised about getting automatically the connection string from the workbook is already on our radar.

Thanks,

Yitzhak

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:07 AM
  • Hi,

I created an Odata data source based on Adventureworks DW 2012 by using the Power BI Data Management Gateway.

In Excel i created by using Power Query (based on the AdventurWorksDW data source with a star schema) sheets incl the Financefact table, a sheet with the organization dimansion table, accounts table and scenario table.

Then I created an excel pivot table based on the 4 sheets.

What I have seen is that I can't refresh the PowerPivit pivot table, I get an error saying that I can't update the power query.

However I can go in to each sheet and update the power queries individually..?

Can this be fixed?

-Eric

Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Hi Eric

At the moment, in the preview, the only refreshable data sources are SQL Server (direct connection, not via Power Query), anonymous oData feeds, and Project Online data feeds. MS has stated that more sources are coming, soon. I have more info on this in a recent blog post:

http://whitepages.unlimitedviz.com/2013/09/power-bi-working-with-the-data-management-gateway/

Cheers

John

Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:26 PM