none
How to restore FIM Sync Service performance counters

Question

• This happened to me several times on servers running FIM Synchronization Service, all of a sudden I can't find the performance counters for FIM Synch Service in perfmon. Service/Server restart did not help. I'm guessing they are registered during installation, but have no idea what would make them dissapear.

Bottom line, is there a way to restore them? Maybe a parameter to be used with the msi file? Of course not to break/roll back anything installed with any of the hotfix rollups.

Monday, January 16, 2012 11:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Craig Martin has a blog post on fixing this back with MIIS 

Something similar could be done with FIM:

lodctr.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\Bin\mmsperf.ini"

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:15 PM
  • Hi David, thanks for the great suggestion - it looks like it should solve the problem... but I got the below error:

"Counters for FIMSynchronizationService are already installed"

and counters are still not showing up.

Any suggestions? I didn't really spend time troubleshooting this in detail, wanted to check if someone else did before I will :)

Piotr

Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:29 AM
  • I'm having the same problem. The FIM performance counters were working yesterday. I closed perfmon and re-opened it and I can't find them. I tried the suggestion here but still don't see them. Any other ideas?

Steve

Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:58 PM
  • I'm getting tons of 6313 errors and I ran:

lodctr.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\Bin\mmsperf.ini"

The message is the same "Counters for FIMSynchronizationService are already installed" as mentioned in this thread.

Hi, does anyone know how to resolve this?

Sven

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:56 AM
  • I am having the same exact issue.  I tried the same steps, says "Counters already installed".  Still getting TONS of 6313 errors.

Any advice here?

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:59 PM