none
Event Log Error: Microsoft.ResourceManagement: System.Data: System.InvalidOperationException: The requested operation cannot be completed because the connection has been broken. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransaction

All replies

• I had set up a clean environment some weeks ago, and just today I started configuring MA's. When I got to the FIM MA I wanted to do an import, sync and export, and when I got to the export it seemed to run endless. In the eventlog I got the same errors as you did.

Didn't find any real hints in SQL or in the FIM requests history... After doing a good old reboot it just started working...

http://setspn.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:37 AM
  • I have also seen this in one of my environments. It is a recurring error that doesn't have an obvious trigger, but goes away after a FIM service restart. Not a permanent solution going forward though. FIM 4.1.3441
    Friday, August 23, 2013 1:22 AM
  • Got this error also for the first time, just this minute without changeing anything in the configuration.

Restart of service still help.

FIM 4.1.3451

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 10:16 AM
  • Hi, 

I am getting this error as well. It appears for no particular reason (no change in configuration, no change in availability of SQL server) and it doesn't go away until FIM Service is restarted.

During that time, users do experience problems registering/resetting their passwords and accessing FIM portal.

Best of all, this problem occurs only in production... extremely annoying to say at least...

FIM 4.1.3451

Monday, November 11, 2013 10:42 AM
  • Make sure no Database Backup is running.
    Monday, November 11, 2013 4:36 PM