none
MDT 2012 Imaging think centre M72e

Question

• I am using MDT 2012 to image PCs with windows XP.   Reason for XP is our software will not work with windows 7 as of now. 

This is my setup.  I have server 2012 with MDT 2012  and WDS install on it.   This server is off the network,  and is in itis own work group called MDT2012.    

Client computer the I am imaging is a Thinkcentre M72e.

The client PC does a network boot to MDT2012  just fine.  I am able to start the deployment at this point.   Once Xp is loaded it boots into the desktop to install programs needed.   I get a wizard error.  Error states, " A connection to the deployment share could not be made.  No networking devices were found on this machine.  Once I reinstall the drivers for the network I can continue deployment.  I have the Network driver in the MDT 2012.  I also Have other drivers like video and sound. Those transferred fine. No problems.  The Nic driver did not.

The Nic Driver is a realtek driver.  Could you tell me how to fix this?  Since I reinstalled the driver I think I have to do that in the MDT?  Has anyone ran into this with the Thinkcentre M72e before?  

Any Ideas?

Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:10 PM

All replies

• You could try re-downloading the driver from the vendor's site, expanding the files, and reimporting it into MDT.  By removing it and importing a fresh copy, you may fix the issue.

I hope that helps,

Nash

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

Saturday, July 27, 2013 4:21 PM
  • Thanks for the tip.  I will give that a try.   Since I reinstalled the driver and finishing out the bench load.  I will test on a new PC when another comes in.
    Saturday, July 27, 2013 5:30 PM
  • Nash  I took your advice.   Turns out no go.
    Monday, August 05, 2013 9:50 PM