none
Where is the profile$ folder?

Question

• Hi all.  I'm coming into a new setup and am trying to figure this out.  

We're running a single domain, with 3 different servers hosting active directory profiles.  I'm trying to track down the location of a folder of a specific user's profile.  I am able to go to Active Directory Users and Computers and see which server it is stored on (\\server\profile$\username).  However, when I go to the server, I can not find the folder where the profiles are stored.

Can anyone tell me how to find out the specific folder where this user's profile is stored on the server?  We are using Windows Server 2008R2.

Thanks.

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

On the server in question, go to Computer Management (Run -> compmgmt.msc {Press Enter})

Shared Folders - > Shares

Look for Folder Path, see the snip below

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own and posted AS IS.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hello,

On the server in question, go to Computer Management (Run -> compmgmt.msc {Press Enter})

Shared Folders - > Shares

Look for Folder Path, see the snip below

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own and posted AS IS.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Thank you!  That is exactly what I was looking for.
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:58 PM
  • Thank you!  That is exactly what I was looking for.
    You are welcome :-)

Regards, Santosh

Friday, August 30, 2013 5:15 AM