This Forum contains sharepoint backup recovery scenarios discussions in Data Protection Manager
DPM 2012 SP1 Protecting Sharepoint using SQL 2012 Always On AG as backend is not currently supported.Mike JacquetMicrosoft EmployeeTuesday, January 15, 2013 1:43 AM
When you try to protect a Windows SharePoint farm using SQL 2012 Always On AG backend using System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 Sp1, you receive one of the following error messages:
DPM cannot protect this SharePoint farm because DPM did not detect any dependent databases to be protected. (ID: 32008) Verify that the appropriate SQL Server VSS writers are enabled on the computers hosting the SharePoint databases.
This Windows SharePoint Services farm cannot be protected because DPM did not find any dependent databases and search indices to be protected. (ID: 32008) 1) Verify that the appropriate SQL Server VSS Writers on the computers hosting the Windows SharePoint Services databases are enabled. 2) Verify that the Windows SharePoint Services Search VSS Writers are enabled on the computers where the search indices are.
At this time using SQL 2012 availability groups (AG) for Sharepoint back end is not supported by DPM 2012 Sp1. We will have some public facing content on the limitation shortly. I cannot say at this time if this will be fixed in a future DPM 2012 rollup, it needs to be investigated by the product group.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 154kl44 Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:38 PM
- 231946kerryknopp Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:01 PM
- 51738mjimenez9043 Monday, August 06, 2012 11:17 PM
- 2106NJI_TN Monday, May 13, 2013 2:09 PM
- 3116SAN2013 Tuesday, May 07, 2013 4:21 PM
- 1123Fredrich2 Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:36 AM
- 285RFalken Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:12 AM
- 2111MSDN Student Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:02 PM
- 7266Hshad Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:24 PM
- 5564kirannomula Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:26 AM
- 4253Roar 66 Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:37 AM
DPM2010+SharePoint2010: DPM is unable to enumerate Virtual SSP Writer on computer [computer name]. (ID: 3005)millertime78 Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:25 AM
- 1141Uwe Reisewitz Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:38 PM
- 9250Arthur Visser Friday, April 05, 2013 9:43 AM
- 1336Fredrich2 Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:22 AM
- 3394Roberto MD Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:14 AM
- 2238Syshunt Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:40 AM
- 0290Syshunt Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:37 AM
- 0222Roberto MD Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:58 AM
- 2284Ivan Lung Monday, March 04, 2013 8:41 AM