Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:57 PM
Does anyone know how to move the SCSM 2010 reporting server to a new server? Where in the app do I configure this?
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:22 AM
I would follow the Disaster recovery process
Hope this helps
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:34 PMThat only works if SSRS is integrated with the DW Server. If the SSRS instance is remote then what? There is precious little information on this and most larger installations separate reporting for performance reasons.
The early bird gets the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese.
Friday, December 02, 2011 1:10 AM
Boy you got that right, there's almost no information regarding this topic anywhere!
Were you ever able to move Reporting to a new Reporting server? I am looking to do the same thing, but I'm finding a baron, empty wasteland of information. I find it impossible to believe that we're the only 2 people in the world looking to do this.
Does anyone have an answer to this question?
Sunday, December 04, 2011 7:21 PMModerator
There's no supported way to move DW components to a new Server. Microsoft is working on it and will publish a detailled document about this. Unfortunately, there's no official release date for this.
SCSMfaq // Blog --> http://blog.scsmfaq.ch // Twitter --> #scsmfaq // Business --> http://www.itnetx.ch
Monday, March 12, 2012 9:47 PM
I have finally managed to move my remote SSRS SCSM instance from my production environment to a test environment and gotten it to work.
I am going to try to outline the steps as best I can, even the ones who proved failed in case part of them are necessary, however its likely some steps are unnecessary.
First of, this is from production to test, so the SQL instance name will remain the same, I dont think it would work very well with a new SQL instance name.
* Install a full (Express is of course not supported with SCSM) SQL 2008 R2 on a 64bit server using the same collations and settings as your old instance.
* Create new DBs and restore the old ones backed up from production (very likely unnecessary step, at least for the DW databases) But do the Reporting service database
* Copy over rssrvpolicy.config from the old/production server to the new from/to %:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.instancename\Reporting Services\ReportServer
* Copy over MICROSOFT.ENTERPRISEMANAGEMENT.REPORTING.CODE.DLL from the old/production server to the new from/to %:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.instancename\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin
* Restore an encryption key from the old/production SSRS on the the new/test server via Reportin Services Configuration Manager. (likely unnecessary step)
* Delete the encrypted Content on the same page. (only needed if you did the above step)
* Detach the DW databases, if you did create them in the previous step, rename/delete the DB & log files
* Unregister with DW from the SCSM console
* Uninstall the DW application on the DW server, restart
* Reinstall SCSM DW on your DW server creating new databases with the same names as your old/production server DBs and same management group.
Every step was taken due to various error messages along the way (SSRS not initializing, SSRS Scale out deployment not supported, The reporting bar missing in SCSM console, the reporting bar showing but all drop down boxes empty in the reports, all reports missing and so on) The key steps that some might be missing is probably just to copy over those 2 files and to reinstall the DW afterwards.