none
set a different Reply-to address to an account in exchange 2007

Question

• Hi there, Is it possible to change the sender or reply-to email address on an AD account, instead of using the from field in exchange. Ex: the user BOBINFO@domain.com send an email but the receiver should see INFO@domain.com (which is a distribution list) as the sender. We got it to work but only via outlook, but we have to change the from field each time, and sometime we forget, which confuses the user. Any idea? Thank you
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have an Edge Server?  You can do this with the Edge Server in Exchange 2007, however I do not beleive you can change this information using the Hub Transport Server.

SF - MCITP:EMA, MCTS: MOSS 2007, OCS 2007, Exchange 2007
    • Marked as answer by Frank.Wang Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:46 AM
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:33 PM
  • The Address rewrite agent runs only on Edge servers. It's not part of the anti-spam filters on the Hub Transport (neither is attachment filtering). You can easily change the MAIL FROM field on outgoing messages with Exchange Edge servers. Another option would be to use the token replacement capability offered by for instance UNIX/Linux sendmail (there's also a free version for SUA).
    http://www.suacommunity.com/tool_warehouse.htm

jas

Sunday, September 20, 2009 1:04 AM
  • Thanks for you feedback, I am not the exchange admin of our organization, I am just inquiring, so I do not know if we have an edge server. I have searched the web and found some info via the e-mail address policy but did not seem right. I will check about the edge server and see, and post back here. Thank you again :)
    Monday, September 21, 2009 2:36 AM
  • Hi Cosno,

If you have a Edge server, I think these articles are helpful to you.

Frank Wang
    Monday, September 21, 2009 3:08 AM
  • Can achieve this through Edge server role.... As friends suggested.

Monday, September 21, 2009 1:57 PM