none
Outlook archive to keep in cloud storage

Question

• Dears

I had one requirement from my top management to keep his mail archive PST file in the cloud. The real reason for his request is to access PST file from the cloud, so he can confgiure outlook in his office desktop, home laptop and other devices and everything should get updated if he do any changes from any of these device.

Whether Office365 will do this purpose.

I tried to sync PST with google drive but its not updating properly. Inorder to make it live. I used SYNCPST program and Google Drive, so while working also we can sync mails between PST. So first I sync between the outlook archive file and another copy of it in the Google drive of the machine. This us happening but this change is not getting into the cloud storage of Google as the sieze and date stamp remains the same.

Please let me know any way to access archive PST file from cloud to the local outlook

Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you use Google Drive, you are placing the file over there and it wont update if the PST file is updated in your outlook etc..

to complete your requirement, you need to have all your emails in Exchange Server, or Office 365 or Gmail, yahoo etc.. instead of a PST

PST is a offline storage, and it wont be available online for all type of emails access like outlook, mobile etc.

What email account you are using?

if it is Gmail for example, move all ur emails from PST to the Gmail, where it will be available in server ( kind of cloud) which will be accessible from all devices that u wish

Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:34 PM
  • You should not use a pst that is stored in the cloud, you should copy it to a folder that doesn't sync. Office 365 Exchange Online would work the best, or IMAP, but pst were not designed for access from multiple computers. When you store pst in a folder that syncs to the cloud, the pst is not synced if outlook is open.  

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:24 PM
  • Diane

Ours is Exchange 2007 in CCR cluster ...  Could you let me know how I can use Office 365 Exchange online with my environment.

Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:05 AM
  • Is it possible to move partially to office 365 online.

I mean if around 5 users to be migrated to Office 365 Exchnage online leaving other users in the same local exchnage server 2007.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 8:34 AM
  • Yes, you can move some, but not all, users. You need one of the E plans to do this http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/business/compare-office-365-for-business-plans-FX102918419.aspx

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

• Marked as answer by Sabir_rm Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:17 AM
    Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:22 PM