none
Remote Desktop Session Host template

Question

• I need to install a Remote Desktop Session Host (server 2008 r2). Just wondering has anyone done this via mdt? Would i just use a standard server task sequence, add the role step and install apps in the task sequence? I just want to make this available to be used again as i  might be required to install a few of these.
    Saturday, July 05, 2014 3:56 AM

Answers

• Yes use the standard server task sequence.

Install Remote session host with "Install Roles and Features" "Remote Desktop Service" \ "remote desktop server"

You should install the applications with a script and add change user /install for installing the application and after the application is installed change to: change user /execute

• Marked as answer by alokin123 Tuesday, July 08, 2014 12:21 AM
    Saturday, July 05, 2014 8:02 AM

All replies

Install Remote session host with "Install Roles and Features" "Remote Desktop Service" \ "remote desktop server"

You should install the applications with a script and add change user /install for installing the application and after the application is installed change to: change user /execute

• Marked as answer by alokin123 Tuesday, July 08, 2014 12:21 AM
    Saturday, July 05, 2014 8:02 AM

Thanks for the info. Couldn't i just run the 'change user /install | execute' as a step rather than putting this in a script with application installs?
    Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:45 PM
  • Yes, that will work also.
    Monday, July 07, 2014 7:15 AM