none
AutoComplete Text in Report Paramter

Question

• Hi ,

I need an option like showing parameters as Auto Complete text -"Same like Ajax Tool-Auto complete Textbox".

Is there any option,when user types the -Employee Name,like "A",then the report paramter lists all -Employees

having -"A" as Starting..

how we can implement this option in SSRS Parameters.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'm using this option in my reports. Actually we don't have any direct approach in SSRS .
    We need to take help of Report viewer and Json Objects .
    In Json Object/Ajax Tool we create parameter and in Report Viewer we map this Parameter to Our Report Parameter.

In Short, we can not achieve this only using SSRS Parameters.
    thanks
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:20 AM
  • Hi Bhupesh_Rajasekaran,

If I understand correctly, you want to input some keyword, and then all of available values which are start from the keyword will display in the parameter list. If in this scenario, we can create cascading parameters. One is a keyword parameter, and the other parameter is based on the keyword to display the available values. For more details, please refer to the following steps:

1. Use the query below create a dataset named dataset1 to return all available values for Employee_Name parameter:
      SELECT     Employee_Name
      FROM         table
      WHERE     (Employee_Name LIKE @keyword + '%')
    2. Set the parameter @Employee_Name’s Available values from the Employee_Name field in the dataset1.

When we preview the report, if we input “A” in the keyword parameter text box, all available values start from ‘A’ character will display in the Employee_Name parameter list. If we want to add the search feature with multiple keywords, we can refer to the following FAQ:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/8de6c783-9cb4-4b95-9be8-b59bc0049866/forum-faqhow-do-i-add-a-search-feature-in-the-parameter-with-long-drop-down-list?forum=sqlreportingservices#8de6c783-9cb4-4b95-9be8-b59bc0049866

If there are any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:03 AM