Skydrive app vs. PC settings ... "there was a problem signing you in to skydrive" ... Explorer shows Skydrive folder not connected ... however, the file system seems connected to Skydrive and works?

Question

• Seem there is still a preview bug around here with the actual status reporting of the users Skydrive?

Any updates seem to work fine ... new folders and files get reflected almost instantly.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

My Skydrive on PC settings seems OK. That may depends on your networking at home or company.

Try to disable firewall for test.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:19 AM
  • Thought it was worth reporting - that Skydrive can actually be connected and syncing - while being reported as offline (i.e. not connected and not syncing). But just experienced this once with Win8.1. This may have been fixed now?

So just reporting I observed that Windows Explorer was reporting Skydrive as not connected (the folder icon) ... and PC settings was also reporting it as disconnected.

However, if I copied files into the Skydrive folder (status: disconnected) inside the users profile (/users/%username%/skydrive) ... the files would immediately sync to online to skydrive (confirmed by using skydrive.live.com).

So the problem I am reporting here is skydrive actually being connected and syncing files to the cloud while being reported as disconnected ("the contradiction") in Windows file system namespace (Skydrive folder) in and PC Settings.

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:36 AM
  • I too am experiencing this bug.

The SkyDrive folder in Windows Explorer side-bar shows a little red cross, and the app complains that Skydrive is experiencing sync problems, but despite this new items seem to sync OK.
    Sunday, August 18, 2013 2:00 PM
  • same here on my Win 8.1...

Found several Errors (ID 2001) and Warnings (ID 2002) in the skydrive eventlog.. eventhough they are unhelpful to me.

Monday, October 14, 2013 9:50 PM
  • Wait until later this week, when Microsoft releases the first larger Update for 8.1, which also updates SkyDrive and fixes a lot of bugs.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:24 AM