none
FIM 2010 R2 and failed-modification-via-webservices

Question

• Hi,

I am back with the dreaded failed-modification-via-web-services error when exporting the FIM MA. Below is the detailed error description form the FIM MA error:

"Fault Reason: The endpoint could not dispatch the request.\r\n\r\nFault Details: <DispatchRequestFailures xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2006/11/ResourceManagement" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><DispatchRequestAdministratorDetails><FailureMessage>Exception: Other
    Stack Trace: Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.Exceptions.UnwillingToPerformException: Other ---&gt; System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Reraised Error 2627, Level 14, State 1, Procedure DoEvaluateRequestInner, Line 1073, Message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__#B7A75C2__5330D077D2B88198'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.@transitionOutApplicableRuleBuffer'. The duplicate key value is (13859, 1264507, 147).
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Data.DataAccess.DoRequestCreation(RequestType request, Guid cause, Guid requestMarker, Boolean doEvaluation, Int16 serviceId, Int16 servicePartitionId)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.CreateRequest(UniqueIdentifier requestor, UniqueIdentifier targetIdentifier, OperationType operation, String businessJustification, List`1 requestParameters, CultureInfo locale, Boolean isChildRequest, Guid cause, Boolean doEvaluation, Nullable`1 serviceId, Nullable`1 servicePartitionId, UniqueId messageIdentifier, UniqueIdentifier requestContextIdentifier, Boolean maintenanceMode)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.ResourceManagementService.Put(Message request)</FailureMessage><DispatchRequestFailureSource>Other</DispatchRequestFailureSource><AdditionalTextDetails>Request could not be dispatched.</AdditionalTextDetails></DispatchRequestAdministratorDetails><CorrelationId>0fcee2a4-5607-4e4f-8042-ad0bada98b14</CorrelationId></DispatchRequestFailures>"

What is interesting to me is that if I modify one of the attributes directly in the FIM portal which was in the export to the portal, all the MPRs apply and the error goes away.  Also interesting is that if I create another similar user in AD and perform exactly the same steps on that users I don't get the failed-modification-via-web-services error on that user!

Now it seems that there are a few users with this problem.  When looking at the requests on the user object in the FIM portal I see this:

Is it possible that a previous request is stuck somewhere? and can this be removed or rectified in some way?

Thanks

Johan Marais

JkM6228

Friday, July 26, 2013 10:46 AM