none
phone solicitation

Question

• I keep getting phone calls from "Microsoft" Window's explorer " that have identified a problem in my computer - via the Windows Internet  security system that will cause my computer to slow down.  And may infect other Windows users.   Apparently my I have had numerous interruptions of the program while running and have chosen not to report the "failure"  Apparently this is an automatic system that monitors Malware and Trojan Horse attacks on my system and reports these attempts back to Micro Soft Windows'  - and suggest that the way to correct it is to start up my computer and they will walk me through the process of erasing this problem  - they assure me they are from Micro soft - I am getting really tired of these daily calls -  and assume there is no legitamacy to the caller or the callers activity - and my response to them is less than a controlled comment  -  any suggestion or comment as to the authenticity of such a request
    Monday, November 28, 2011 2:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Ignore them.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/msname.aspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:27 AM
  • My son-in-law accepted a phonecall yesterday from an individual who said he was calling about his Windows program in his computer. The caller said he was calling from Singapore. My s-i-l took the call and was on the phone for one-and-one-half hours while he let the caller enter his computer and "adjust" his Computer remotely. He could watch the curser moving through his screen. The end result was a $180 charge to his credit card and I think access to his computer and files. This was a scam I believe. Can anything be done to undo the damage done to his computer and access to his files and personal information? Please advise.  Thanks.

Don McCurdy

• Edited by Don McCurdy Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:02 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:59 PM
  • Depends on damage but I'd ask them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum?tab=QnA

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, September 27, 2013 12:33 AM