none
Failed to install IT GRC Process Management Pack Service Pack 1

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to install the IT GRC Process Management Pack, I’m stuck in the Configure Account For Data Warehouse Deployment step, it always show the following error:

---------------------------

Invalid Data Warehouse server

Failed to connect to Data Warehouse management server sqlsrv. Please make sure the server is valid and the Data Access service is running on it.

OK  

Also below is the log file SCSMGRCSetupWizard03

05:32:43:Validating Account: LINKDOTNET\user.name

05:32:43:Account 'LINKDOTNET\user.name' is valid

05:32:43:Account 'LINKDOTNET\user.name' is Local Admin

05:32:44:Failed to check for Local account:No such host is known

05:32:58:Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ServiceNotRunningException: The Data Access service is either not running or not yet initialized. Check the event log for more information. ---> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Could not connect to net.tcp://sqlsrv:5724/DispatcherService. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:01.0315602. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.0.1.191:5724.  ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.0.1.191:5724

I have 3 server:

1-      Management Server.

2-      Data Warehouse Server.

3-      SQL Server that hosts the management server DB & also the Data Warehouse DB on another SQL instance.

I’m providing the SQL server name in the Data warehouse management server, Firewall is disabled.

Appreciate any help please,

Thanks

Monday, March 07, 2011 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Atef,

Please try these trouble-shooting steps to test connectivity between Service Manager and the DW:

1. Open Service Manager Console
    2. Check if Data Warehouse and Reports Wunder bar shows up
    3. Clicking on Data Warehouse Wunder bar shows the view of Management Packs, Jobs etc.
    4. Click on Jobs and check whether the jobs are listed and Enabled

If the above is working correctly, then the DW has been successfully registered with SM and you should be ready to install GRC.

1. Start the IT GRC installer and install IT GRC Process Management Pack
    2. On “Configure Account for Data Warehouse” form, provide the Host name of Data warehouse Management Server.
    3. Once you provide the host name, User name and Password, click on “Test Credentials” button to validate the server and the credentials. The user name should have an admin rights on the Data Warehouse Management server.
    4. If there is still a problem, try pinging the Data Warehouse Management Server from SM server and check if the host name could be resolved.

Please reply back to this thread if you're still having difficulty.

Jason Osborne

IT GRC Program Manager

Thursday, May 05, 2011 12:12 AM

All replies

• Atef,

On the Configure Data Warehouse Page in IT GRC SP1 installer, provide the Hostname of Data Warehouse Management Server.  Note: for SCSM SP1, you will need to install the SM DW before the SM Mangement server. 

Thanks,

Jerry Leishman

IT GRC Program Manager

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:09 PM
  • Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your reply,

I did that but it came up with the following error:

No such host

Invalid Server. Please provide a valid server.

OK  

Please note that the default SQL instance have the MS DB, & the DW DB on another instance.

Thanks

Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:30 AM
  • Dear Atef!

Do you have solution? I read the Deployment Guide, but it didn't help. I got the same error message.

"Invalid Server. Please provide a valid server."

@&#..

Best regards,

Mihaly

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Dear Atef!

Turn the Windows Firewall off on the DataWarehouse Server.

Best regards,

Mihaly

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Hi Atef,

Please try these trouble-shooting steps to test connectivity between Service Manager and the DW:

1. Open Service Manager Console
    2. Check if Data Warehouse and Reports Wunder bar shows up
    3. Clicking on Data Warehouse Wunder bar shows the view of Management Packs, Jobs etc.
    4. Click on Jobs and check whether the jobs are listed and Enabled

If the above is working correctly, then the DW has been successfully registered with SM and you should be ready to install GRC.

1. Start the IT GRC installer and install IT GRC Process Management Pack
    2. On “Configure Account for Data Warehouse” form, provide the Host name of Data warehouse Management Server.
    3. Once you provide the host name, User name and Password, click on “Test Credentials” button to validate the server and the credentials. The user name should have an admin rights on the Data Warehouse Management server.
    4. If there is still a problem, try pinging the Data Warehouse Management Server from SM server and check if the host name could be resolved.

Please reply back to this thread if you're still having difficulty.

Jason Osborne

IT GRC Program Manager

Thursday, May 05, 2011 12:12 AM
  • Good afternoon Jason, 

I have been having an issue installing IT GRC Process Pack, confirmed that the above steps work. However during the install the grcuserrolesetup.exe stops working and is forced to close. Any ideas what could be causing this?

kind regards, 

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:01 PM