none
Mail Flow Issue In Exchange Server 2010

Question

• Hello,

I have an on-premises environment where I have an exchange 2010 hub and edge server. I have 4 domains. All my emails are routed through edge server to the internet. When I send an email from my primary domain to a particular remote domain the email gets delivered. When I send an email from any other secondary domain the email does not get delivered at the remote end. The remote domain is on office 365. 

I tried sending the email with the delivery receipt to the remote domain from my secondary domains and I always get the delivery receipt stating that the email has been delivered however the remote domain admin says that the email was never received by him. We have also did the message trace on Office 365 remote domain but there was no trace of that email.

Please help and let me know how can I proceed futher this is hampering the productivity in my organization. 

Saturday, May 10, 2014 1:49 AM

All replies

• is this specific to only Office 365 domain or any other than Office 365 face the same issue?

do you use any smart host or DNS to send out emails..

Where Technology Meets Talent

Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:35 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

All my domains are added to office 365. My MX is pointed to office 365 but I send all the emails through my edge server. The remote domain receives emails on office 365.

We use DNS to send out emails

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:16 AM
  • since your remote domain/hosted domain O365 also get out via Edge then you will need to create the REVERSE PTR and put the IP of Edge Server i.e. Public IP

Where Technology Meets Talent

Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:06 AM