none
FIM Extensions in Windows Server

Question

• Hi All. I have seen some older posts about supportability in Server operating systems for the SSPR add-in. Specially I am interested in installing the add-in in Windows 2008 acting as a terminal server. Is that possible? The system requirements only mention client operating systems

Thanks

// Raúl - I love this game

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• If memory serves, we do this on some of the Demo systems that are all-in-one.

Eric

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:40 PM
  • Hi Eric and thanks for your response. Do you know if that is "officially" stated somewhere? The question comes from a customer and I would like to point him to that link. Everything I have found about system requirements relates to client operating systems 

// Raúl - I love this game

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:47 PM
  • Windows Server is not officially supported for running the latest FIM R2 Add-ins and Extensions. Supported versions of Windows are
    Windows XP Professional SP3, 32-bit, Windows Vista® Enterprise SP1 or later, 32-bit or 64-bit, or Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit.

See FIM 2010 R2 RC Hardware and Software Requirements.

If you think Windows Server 2008 should also be supported, please file a bug with your business justification.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:55 AM