none
Deploying to VM, Connection to deploymentshare lost

Question

• Hi

I got mdt2012 to deploy to physical machines easily enough, and it works flawlessly each time. However when I try to deploy to a VM, i get a message saying the deploymentshare could not be reached. This happens before I select a task sequence, and I suspect it is due to drivers not being present in WinPe

Im using VMWare Workstatition 8.0.4 build-744019

FB

Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:36 PM

Answers

• So make sure to include your drivers in the selection profiles, update deployment share and use the new generated PE.
    Friday, November 30, 2012 6:14 PM

All replies

• I believe VMWare is using the Intel PRO/1000 MT driver. For best results, I would go to a VMWare installed machine, to the C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools\Drivers (assuming x64) and get he entire folder, then import the drivers into MDT, add them to your WinPE and update.
    Friday, November 30, 2012 3:47 AM
  • I have tried adding them into the driver store, but the driver inject part happens after I select a task sequence. Do I need to manually inject them into the boot image through dism?

FB

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:55 AM
  • when added to your deploymentshare you need to update your DS so that the network drivers get injected to your WinPE image.
    no need to do it manually.

Friday, November 30, 2012 8:15 AM
  • You have to have the drivers in WinPE. How do you inject drivers into WinPE? Selection Profile? Or like in the image?

Friday, November 30, 2012 4:18 PM
  • Selection profiles

FB

Friday, November 30, 2012 6:03 PM
  • So make sure to include your drivers in the selection profiles, update deployment share and use the new generated PE.
    Friday, November 30, 2012 6:14 PM