none
Users on the internal network cannot configure automatic reply settings through Outlook of any version 2007 - 2013

    Question

  • I have been through several documents on the issue and nothing seems to apply to our case.  The Exchange Server is 2007 SP3 update rollup 11.  Our symptoms are:

    • All users can set automatic replies through OWA.
    • Users located outside the network, not using a VPN can set automatic replies in Outlook.
    • Users inside the network cannot set automatic replies which was first noticed within the past two weeks.  They receive the message "Your automatic reply settings cannot be displayed because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later"
    • The results of "Test E-mail AutoConfiguration" are successful and the URLs appear as normal.
    • No problems accessing https://theserver.thedomain.com/ews/exchange.asmx in a browser from an internal computer.
    • The users do not have any proxies set.
    • Possibly related application event id 1309, ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0, Event code 3001, Application Virtual Path /EWS, process name w3wp.exe.  The user host address seems to always be our Mimecast MSE server.

    If you can point us in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Tina


    Tina M. White Boundless Data

    Tuesday, December 03, 2013 8:52 AM

Answers

  • Update:  We realized the problem is not an inside/outside occurrence.  It actually was only happening to Outlook 2013 clients that had installed an update KB2837618.  It occurs on Outlook 2013 clients inside and outside the network.  The solution was to remove that update for now.

    Tina M. White Boundless Data

    • Marked as answer by BoundlessData Tuesday, December 03, 2013 3:27 PM
    Tuesday, December 03, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies

  • Hi

    Have you tried a reboot?

    Tuesday, December 03, 2013 9:28 AM
  • Update:  We realized the problem is not an inside/outside occurrence.  It actually was only happening to Outlook 2013 clients that had installed an update KB2837618.  It occurs on Outlook 2013 clients inside and outside the network.  The solution was to remove that update for now.

    Tina M. White Boundless Data

    • Marked as answer by BoundlessData Tuesday, December 03, 2013 3:27 PM
    Tuesday, December 03, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

    For the first step for troubleshooting, I’d recommend you use Test E-mail AutoConfiguration on the problematic machine with problematic use account.

    We can hold CRTL key and right-click Outlook icon, select Test E-mail AutoConfiguration. Only check Use Autodiscover and post the result in Log tab here.

    If there is OOF URL returns, try to directly access it using IE browser, post the error message here.

    Thanks,


    Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, December 23, 2013 5:09 AM