none
AD Group Expansion Error ID 34152

Question

• Anyone come across this error with the AD Connector?

"The group expansion workflow for connector AD Connector has encountered the following error:

Error: Expansion of AD Group resulted in an error.

Group Stack: (1) CN=.......

Exception: System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"

Source: Data Connectors

Event ID: 34152

Regards, Zoeb Khan

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:18 AM

All replies

• Not exactly the same, but similar (after enabling of "Automatically add users of AD Groups imported by this connector" in AD connector):

Log Name:      Operations Manager
    Source:        Data Connectors
    Date:          11.10.2012 11:58:15
    Event ID:      34152
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      xxx.xxx.xxx.loc
    Description:

The group expansion workflow for connector ... has encountered the following error:

Error: Error resolving group with domain ... and name .... Exception:

Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:08 AM
  • I have the same error

Event 34152 : Data Conectors

The group expansion workflow for connector AD Connector has encountered the following error:

Error: Expansion of AD group CN=client.customer-F,OU=Security Groups,DC=...,DC=lan resulted in an error

How can we solve our issue ?

Regards

Phil

Madininarawak

Thursday, February 07, 2013 10:28 AM
  • Hi everybody,

any update ?

I have this detailled message:

AD Connector

Expansion of AD group CN=CERTSVC_DCOM_ACCESS,OU=migration,OU=Security Groups,DC=contoso,DC=lan resulted in an error. Group stack: (1): CN=CERTSVC_DCOM_ACCESS,OU=migration,OU=Security Groups,DC=contoso,DC=lan (2): CN=Domain Computers,CN=Users,DC=contoso Exception: System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalOperationException: While trying to resolve a cross-store reference, the target principal could not be found in the domain indicated by the principal's SID. at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADStoreCtx.ResolveCrossStoreRefToPrincipal(Object o) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADUtils.DirectoryEntryAsPrincipal(DirectoryEntry de, ADStoreCtx storeCtx) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADDNLinkedAttrSet.get_CurrentAsPrincipal() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.FindResultEnumerator`1.get_Current() at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Sdk.Connectors.Lfx.Workflows.ADGroupExpander.ExpandGroup(GroupPrincipal groupPrincipal) at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Sdk.Connectors.Lfx.Workflows.ADGroupExpander.Start(Guid connectorId)

Thanks for your answers

Phil

Madininarawak

• Edited by Madinarawak Monday, February 25, 2013 2:51 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 2:50 PM
  • Hi,

is there any update on this? I got the same error here...

Thx

Christian

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Saddly, rebooting did not resolve this issue for me. 

Any idea from anyone?

Monday, July 08, 2013 4:04 PM
  • neither do I; this one pops up once in a while, it actually seems to keep running in the background...

Patrick Zhang

Monday, July 15, 2013 1:58 PM
  • Hey everybody!

Is there anybody out there who´s got any idea to solve the issue Anatoliy described?!

Rebooting did not resolve this issue for me,too.

Regards,

Dirk Suri

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:32 AM
  • Hi Dirk.

This really is just a wild guess from the error in Phil's post above, but can you check the group membership of the group that has generated the error?  The error effectively says that the target principle (user) cannot be located by the SID specified in the group.  May be a SID left over from a deleted object, or possible from a defunct forest trust situation?

Just a complete guess on this one :)

Cheers

Shaun

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:55 AM
  • Hey Shaun,

I took a detailed look at the event viewer again. I noticed that the data connector only got a problem with syncing the container within "CN=Builtin,DC=...." such as Users etc. (" ... Operation is not supported").

My question now: How can I exclude the builtin containers from syncing with scsm??

Greetz,

Dirk

Monday, October 28, 2013 7:35 AM