none
Machine still apear in OU based collection even if deleted from AD

Question

• Hi,

With the headlined issue, I want to understand this. If a computer is deleted from AD will it still appear in the collection based on OU query. OU here is the same OU where the machine was residing.

Thanks in advance.

Ajaytoon

Monday, September 30, 2013 5:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Config Manager need to notice that you have deleted the computer. Run a Active Directory System Discovery and then update the Collection.
    Monday, September 30, 2013 6:33 AM
  • Hi,

Computer account has been deleted before 2-3 weeks and we have full AD System Discovery scheduled weekly basis. So it should have been reflected in SCCM console.

My thought process was, AD system discovery will not identify deleted computers OU. If computer is alive then it will get the update of OU information via System Group Discovery. But since computer is dead and also not available in AD, OU information related to that computer object will not get modified. Hence it will show in the OU based collection.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

----------------------

ajaytoon

Monday, September 30, 2013 7:46 AM
  • Client record from SCCM will not be deleted automatically unless site maintenance task is configured to do so. If it is already configured please do check your configured values for the same.

Prashant Patil

Monday, September 30, 2013 8:26 AM