none
Change email address

Question

• I want to change my email address, but I can't find any place to do it.  When I sign in here, I provide my email address.  So I believe that email address uniquely identifies my account, instead of a "user name" on other systems.  The problem is, this email address is no longer active.  I would like to keep my same account, but associate it with a different email address.  I think this also means I'll log in using that different email address.  I don't want to register a new account, because I still want to be able to find my old posts.  Is this at all possible? 
    Saturday, March 13, 2010 9:00 PM

Answers

•  
    I want to change my email address, but I can't find any place to do it.  When I sign in here, I provide my email address.  So I believe that email address uniquely identifies my account, instead of a "user name" on other systems.  The problem is, this email address is no longer active.  I would like to keep my same account, but associate it with a different email address.  I think this also means I'll log in using that different email address.  I don't want to register a new account, because I still want to be able to find my old posts.  Is this at all possible? 

Probably but I suspect only with assistance.  E.g. that's why I have the "handle" I use in forums now.  It wouldn't let me register here with just my own name because somewhere else I had already "used" it, possibly with an alternate E-mail address.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---
    Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:41 PM
  • Use the Site Feedback link to make a request. Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:08 AM
    Owner

All replies