none
How to change the path in file property in SSIS package

Question

• how can i change the path in file property in SSIS package? because i already change the name but i can't change path even i already save file as the right path.
    Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Plz describe your problem in briefly.
    Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:08 PM
  • i have copied the whole ssis package and change the relative name to create another ssis package.

after i copied and open .sln file to change the file name but becuase all the files are copied from the existing package, so the file path is still remain unchnaged. (old path) even i create copied the ssis package to another directory dynamically, when i view the file path in file property, it is not correct path, how can i correct it??

even i click save as file to save to new file directory, the path i view in property is still unchnaged.

Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Hi there,

All the file connection used in the ssis are absolute directory path, they are not relative to current directory, in case you have copied the package from another machine, you need to open the package and fix the path for all the file connection.

To avoid this problem we have to always use configuration file in ssis, where path changing is easy.

To lean about creating configuration please follow this link. 

Regards Harsh

Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:44 PM
  • but how can i dynamically change the path because i see the file path in property is disable so that i can't change it.

Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:47 PM
  • As i understand what you're asking is on file path of dtsx files. That being the case what you need to do is to exclude the current packages from project, then browse and add the newly saved copies to project and save it. Then you'll have path displayed as your new copied path.
    Sunday, October 06, 2013 6:02 PM