none
roaming profiles - desktop icons are reset and not staying where they were last moved to

Question

• I have a site with about 20 Windows 7 Pro workstations, of those, there are about 8 machines that are used by about 15 users. I have folder redirection turned on and control it through a Windows 2008 server. One complaint that I hear often is that when they move from PC to PC, and their desktop icons get messed up.

Most of those machine are similar but some do have different video cards (all of the machines have dual monitors). Because some of the video hardware is different, is this why their icons don't stay where they last moved them to? If not, how can I fix this issue?

Thursday, February 06, 2014 6:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As we know, for folder redirection, all those files are saved on the server actually, and if you are logging to many PC one time, the file you load from the server is the newest when the client sync its change to the server.

I would like to know that whether the files are synced well. Or only the display icons are not the same. Based on my understanding, for different computer, the icons for files may be different from each other.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Friday, February 07, 2014 8:26 AM

All replies

• If the desktop profile has the change resolution, it will move the icons around to place them somewhere where there is room.

Friday, February 07, 2014 7:33 AM
  • Hi,

As we know, for folder redirection, all those files are saved on the server actually, and if you are logging to many PC one time, the file you load from the server is the newest when the client sync its change to the server.

I would like to know that whether the files are synced well. Or only the display icons are not the same. Based on my understanding, for different computer, the icons for files may be different from each other.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Friday, February 07, 2014 8:26 AM