none
windows sbs 2008 reboots on logon

Question

• hi all .I am experiencing thee following problem with my windows small business server 2008.I switch on the machine and it goes through the normal bootup procedure post screen etc although it may take some time too long i think but eventually gets to the 'press crtl- alt delete screen to log on "After doing this i type in my password and it begins to load my profile etc and the next thing it it begins the shutdown procedure and after a considerable amount of time it shuts down completely. i am able to bootup into the server with safe mode though.i am dreading to reload the server so if anyone can help me fix this i would really appreciate it. it is a dell poweredge r410 server with 4 raid drives
    Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:25 AM

Answers

• As you said, you can able to logon safe mode right. So check event viewer and search for error/warning events if any.? These may give us some clue to troubleshoot further.

In general, safe mode logon does not take much drivers. So check both HW/SW drivers whether all are up-to-date, especially Display (AGP card) drivers & Windows OS updates.

Regards, Ravikumar P

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:46 AM