none
SQL Server 2008 R2- SSRS - Data dissapears and columns hide or switch places

    Question

  • Hello everyone,

     Just to give you a background: This report has multiple tablix in it .  The task was to add a new tablix  by utilizing existing tablix and point it to a different dataset and I did that.

    This is what happens- If I run the report for customer # 1, the data pulls okay for the new tablix however for another customer the new tablix behaves different and the data disspears and column switch places. This is only happening with date and time columns .

    Although the date on the backend is identical.

    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.


    Thanks in advance


    Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:33 PM

Answers

  • Hello and thanks for the reply ,

    not sure what was causing it. I think BIDS was acting up.

    This is exactly what I have done since I posted the question yesterday:

    I deleted the new tablix and copied it again, pointed to the new dataset  but still the same issue and spent hours trying to figure it out because original tablix and the new tablix call the same report parameters and the datasets for both tablix have identical column names in each datasets.

    I then closed BIDS , re-opened it.

    This time when I copied the tablix  and changed the dataset and previewed the report, the issue went away.

    So good thing is that the issue has been resolved, mystery remains as to what caused it.

    Sunday, March 30, 2014 1:14 PM

All replies

  • How are you utilizing existing tablix to add a new tablix ?

    Post the design structure of the report. Is there any report parameter associated with tablix ?


    Regards, RSingh

    Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:54 AM
  • Hello and thanks for the reply ,

    not sure what was causing it. I think BIDS was acting up.

    This is exactly what I have done since I posted the question yesterday:

    I deleted the new tablix and copied it again, pointed to the new dataset  but still the same issue and spent hours trying to figure it out because original tablix and the new tablix call the same report parameters and the datasets for both tablix have identical column names in each datasets.

    I then closed BIDS , re-opened it.

    This time when I copied the tablix  and changed the dataset and previewed the report, the issue went away.

    So good thing is that the issue has been resolved, mystery remains as to what caused it.

    Sunday, March 30, 2014 1:14 PM