none
Stored Procedure visibility inside SSRS

Question

• A simple request. I've just started using SSRS (from MS Visual Studi 2008). I can see a project with reports. Each report uses a stored procedure as the data source. How do you get to see the particular stored procedure for a particular report? What do you click to bring in that strored procedure and review it while in SSRS for that particular report?
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ryanjos,

When you open up a report, expand the data source folder and under that, you'll see the data sets used by the report. Double-click the data set and you'll see the stored procedure or query the report is using. Hope this helps.

Shahfaisal Muhammed http://shahfaisalmuhammed.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 13, 2013 12:49 AM
  • A simple request. I've just started using SSRS (from MS Visual Studi 2008). I can see a project with reports. Each report uses a stored procedure as the data source. How do you get to see the particular stored procedure for a particular report? What do you click to bring in that strored procedure and review it while in SSRS for that particular report?

Hi ,

Under Design pane - > right-click on the report item (tablix/chart) or (click on report item - > press F4) -> properties - > General - > DatasetName .

Then press CTRL+ALT+D - > Report Data - > Datasets .

sathya - www.allaboutmssql.com ** Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful **.

• Proposed as answer by Milan Das Sunday, October 13, 2013 2:09 PM
    Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by ryanjos Monday, October 14, 2013 3:20 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 3:19 AM
  • I would like to thank SathyanarrayananS and Shahfaisal Muhammed for thier assistance. They did the trick. You can consider this request complete.

Thanks, Ryanjos

JR

Hi,

You should have Marked the post which solved your  problem as answered not your reply ,

anyways thanks for closing  this thread :^)

sathya - www.allaboutmssql.com ** Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful **.

Monday, October 14, 2013 6:23 AM