none
Is it possible to use the custom master page of site collection to all of its Sub Sites

Question

• Hi All,

I have created a site collection and created 2 sub sites in it,I have one custom master page in site collection.and I want to apply that  master page to all the pages to 2 subsites..

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:29 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes 100% in all SP versions. I am assuming you have already added your custom master page in your site collection.

If you are using SP server then activate the publishing feature in your site (to activate feature please click below link):

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/sharepoint-server-help/enable-publishing-features-in-sharepoint-2010-HA010378243.aspx

Once you activated then go to site action-->site settings-->Master Pages from look and feel section. Select yoru master page from DDL and say ok.

If you are using foundation, then open your subsite in designer and add your master page in that subsite. Then set that custom master page as default master page by right click on master page. Do it for other subsite as well.

Hope it could help

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Ali Hyder Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:21 AM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:19 AM