none
Help processing tabular model partitions from SSIS

Question

• Hi

I have created partitions in my tabular model for the next few years by quarter. I would like to process full the partitions as we load data each month by modifying the SQL for the partition. 

My thought was to modify the XMLA script, altering the partition SQL in a script task.  Is it possible to modify the SQL for a partition that's been created? If not, how do I determine which partition to process  within SSIS?

Thanks

Friday, October 04, 2013 11:11 PM

All replies

•  I would like to process full the partitions as we load data each month by modifying the SQL for the partition. 

Are you planning to design a code which will perform a Full Process of the model on daily basis? What is your process strategy?

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps
    Cheers, Raunak | t: @raunakjhawar | My Blog

Monday, October 07, 2013 7:17 AM
  • Hi Richard,

We can create a SSIS package and use Analysis Services Execute DDL task to process Tabular partitions. Here are some articles for your reference, please see:
    SSIS Methods to Process SSAS Tabular Partitions: http://jessekraut.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/ssis-methods-to-process-ssas-tabular-partitions/

Best Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 07, 2013 10:00 AM
  • Elvis,

This is link is a useful reference. It shows how you can execute a specific partition that has been created and process that partition using c# script.

So if like the example I had partitions for sales 2008, 2009 and 2010,  and I was loading data for 2009. How would I know the name of the 2009 partition to execute? The partition id is stored in a variable but I'm not sure how to modify the variable value with corresponding partition for the year of data I am loading. 

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 5:32 PM