none
Email moved to folder without any rules

Question

• I have a user using Outlook that is having an issue with emails being moved out of the inbox to another folder. It seems to only occur when emails come from one email (another Exchange user). The message hits the inbox, and then a few seconds later are moved to another folder.

The behavior occurs regardless of which email client is used (multiple versions of Outlook), and using OWA.

I have deleted all rules. I have opened outlook with the /cleanrules switch. I have disabled Junk Email filtering on the clients and OWA. I have tried deleting the folder that the messages are being moved to ("Junk" folder).The folder is recreated. If the folder is renamed, the messages move to the renamed folder.

I have used mfcmapi.exe to see if there were any hidden rules. There were none.

Any suggestions on what could be causing the messages to be moved?

Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:13 PM

All replies

• The obvious question is, do you have that sender listed in the Blocked Senders list under Junk E-mail options? A less obvious question is, if you look at the headers of one of this person's messages, is the SCL something besides 0 or -1?

-Peter

Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:30 PM
  • Sender is not on the block list

X-MS-Exchange-Organization-SCL: -1

Friday, November 22, 2013 2:28 PM