none
MS Office has detected a problem with your Information Rights Mgmt Configuration.

Question

• We have a new AD RMS 2012 member server in a Win08R2SP1 Native domain.  The majority of my workstations are Win7 with Office2010 Pro Plus.  After installing KB440420 and ensuring the RMS server url is added to the intranet sites, most of my workstations are connecting to the RMS server and can protect a document.  I have a laptop and a desktop however that are generating an error message when I try to protect a document in Office or open an existing protected document from the share on the RMS server.

The error states "Microsoft Office has detected a problem with your Information Rights Management configuration.  Contact your administrator for more information."

I've searched the knowledgebase and have not been able to find a resolution to this problem when using Office2010 and Win7.  If anyone can offer any assistance I would be most grateful.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you confirm what is the Cryptographic Mode set on the AD RMS 2012.

To check the same, open the AD RMS Console, and click on the Server Name and go on the Properties and check the cryptographic mode.

If the Cryptographic Mode is Set to 2, kindly install the following hotfix on the Win 7 Client Machine.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2627273/en-us

Reboot the Client Machine and then check if you still face the problem.

If you would want to know more about the Cryptographic mode, kindly refer to the following article :

http://blogs.technet.com/b/rms/archive/2012/04/29/ad-rms-and-cryptographic-support-for-sha-2-rsa-2048.aspx

Friday, October 04, 2013 6:54 PM
  • Hi Samesh,

KB440420 is 2627273.  I had already installed it on the pc's in question, rebooted several times and I am still getting the same error.

"Microsoft Office has detected a problem with your Information Rights Management configuration.  Contact your administrator for more information."

FYI,

We are using Cryptographic Mode 2 on the RMS server.

• Edited by ktskate2 Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:07 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:06 PM
  • Some new information.  I installed the RMS Admin Toolkit and ran it on one of the workstations in question.  Here's the result.  I don't see anything here that would prevent this workstation from using the RMS server.  Can anyone shed some light?

Friday, October 25, 2013 6:50 PM
  • Hi,

I would give focus on the Warning "The Machine is not activated", as it means that the Machine is not Bootstrapped.

We get these error either when the Machine Cert is missing or the RAC is missing.

First run Sigverif from a Administrative Command Prompt, to confirm if there are no unsigned DLL's.

Thanks

Sam

Friday, October 25, 2013 7:22 PM
  • Samesh,

I ran sigverif and it came back as all files have been verified and digitally signed.  What's my next step?

Thanks,

K

Friday, October 25, 2013 7:30 PM
  • Please Follow the Tech net Wiki Below and let me know if its resolved or Not .

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17481.troubleshooting-rms-1-0-sp2-on-windows-server-2003-sp2-error-user-certificate-or-machine-not-activated.aspx

If result is Negative please use the Updated Tool link and run the test to post result !!!.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Anand Shankar

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:16 AM
  • Sorry Anand.  That reg file doesn't work for me.  Cannot import because it is not a registry script.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 2:56 PM
  • What is the Value of Key -State -Share the Hexadecimel value there ? Path is in My WIKI article shared earlier .

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Anand Shankar

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:40 AM
  • Hi.

Note that OLD IRM check does not necessarily work well with latest versions of windows, for Office 2010 there are several key patches released at that time.

I would strongly recommend you to fully patched the clients, both windows and Office, make sure you have all mode 2 patches on the machine and redo the test.

Regards.

Cristian Mora (Synergy Advisors)

www.synergyadvisors.biz

• Proposed as answer by Cristian Mora Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:45 AM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:45 AM