none
Not able to migrate users from one AD to other AD through FIM since that user already removed manually from target AD

Question

• Hi,

I am having two different domains. I configured fim for migrating users and password sync. Able to migrate all users and sync there password. Issue i facing is, in target domain i removed some users manually from AD two month back. But now i want to migrate that user from source to destination domain. FIM not migrating that particular users. I think users not removed from fim, how to remove user from fim and sync it back to target AD.

I dont know that much about fim. Is there anything wrong please correct and tell me the solution.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:51 AM

Answers

• Beside that error, i think FIM is not the correct product to use for migrations, it's a lifetime sync for identities, which can include users are moving from one domain to another.

For migrations incl. password I use ADMT (Active Directory Migration Tool) multiple times, also in presents of an IDM System.

Normally if you remove a user from target system, FIM will re-provision it. For correct analysis and help we need more information of your configuration.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Saturday, September 28, 2013 2:56 PM

All replies

• Beside that error, i think FIM is not the correct product to use for migrations, it's a lifetime sync for identities, which can include users are moving from one domain to another.

For migrations incl. password I use ADMT (Active Directory Migration Tool) multiple times, also in presents of an IDM System.

Normally if you remove a user from target system, FIM will re-provision it. For correct analysis and help we need more information of your configuration.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Saturday, September 28, 2013 2:56 PM
  • Hi,

As you said you already deleted users from AD and now you are not able to migrate those users into Target.

So, You need to do following things to make it work:

1) First of All You need to set Object deletion rule into Metaverse Designer:

• Go to Metaverse.
    • Go to Metaverse Designer Tab.
    • Select the object type for which you want to perform deletion i.e. "Person".
    • After that on the Right Hand Side Click Object deletion Rule.
    • Into that select Delete MV object if it is deleted from any of following connectors.
    • Now into this option select ADMA. Click Ok.

2) After deleting users from AD you need to run ADMA Delta Import & Delta Sync.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks~

Giriraj Singh Bhamu

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 7:32 PM