none
Error authenticating proxy. Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in.

Question

• I scheduled this thing, and it seems like it tried to fire off the job, but it didn't actually run the Package.dtsx. 

Here's the error message from Properties > View Job History

Date,Source,Severity,Step ID,Server,Job Name,Step Name,Notifications,Message,Duration,Sql Severity,Sql Message ID,Operator Emailed,Operator Net sent,Operator Paged,Retries Attempted
    11/15/2013 17:54:01,Excel,Error,,EXCEL-PC\EXCELDEVELOPER,Excel,,,The job failed.  The Job was invoked by Schedule 2012 (Excel).  The last step to run was step 1 (Excel).,00:00:00,0,0,,,,0
    11/15/2013 17:54:01,Excel,Error,1,EXCEL-PC\EXCELDEVELOPER,Excel,Excel,,Unable to start execution of step 1 (reason: Error authenticating proxy EXCEL-PC\Ryan<c/> system error: Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in. For example: blank passwords aren't allowed<c/> sign-in times are limited<c/> or a policy restriction has been enforced.).  The step failed.,00:00:00,0,0,,,,0

What's wrong here??

Knowledge is the only thing that I can give you, and still retain, and we are both better off for it.

Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• In this page please see the description of error code "0xC0016007" :

Integration Services Error and Message Reference

and have a look at this thread please:

Error authenticating proxy account

sqldevelop.wordpress.com

Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:54 AM
  • Yeap.  I agree 100%.  This is the problem.

Proxy authentication failed. This error occurs when login credentials are not provided, or the credentials are incorrect.

But, does it go through Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication?  How do you validate the credentials and/or password?  How do you confirm the credentials and/or password?  I've tried every possible combination of everything, and nothing works.  I know what the problem is, I just don't know how to fix the problem.

Knowledge is the only thing that I can give you, and still retain, and we are both better off for it.

Saturday, November 16, 2013 7:12 PM
  • Sorry again, everyone, but this makes absolutely no sense.  I just created a new user account 5 minutes ago, and then I try to run my process again, and I get this.

I just created that!!!  Why does SQL Sever think it doesn't exist?  it DOES exist!!

Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:03 PM
  • So, I followed the instructions here.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1656396/remove-user-accounts-windows.html

This is pretty insane because all I had to do was enter an email address; no name, no password, nothing.  Now, all I have is an email address, and of course no name and no password.  So, exactly how am I supposed to enter a name and password din SQL server, for the security to work, or whatever, when these things don’t exist, and there’s no way to create them. 

I’ve been working on this project for week now, simply because every time I need to do something, I literally can’t do what I need to do.

Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:11 PM
  • Hello experts.  I finally got this working!!  Hallelujah!!

Here’s how I did it.  I went through the steps in these two links:

http://www.bidn.com/blogs/DonnyJohns/ssas/1705/sql-server-agent-proxy-accounts

http://nirav.extreme-advice.com/2013/05/08/schedule-ssis-package-without-deploying/

Also, and this was the missing link for oh so long . . . you need a dang User account!!  I thought I could use my default, but for some reason, which I never quite figured it out, that never worked for me.  I finally had the forethought to create a brand new account, assign a password, and re-try running the project.  Follow the steps here to create your User Account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/103570-user-accounts-add-remove-groups.html?filter[2]=User%20Accounts

After creating the User Account, and adding a new password, run through the steps in the first two links I posted. 

Argh!!  Frustrating!!  I was so close, and so very far away too!!

Well, with some help from the kind people here, as well as applying persistence and perseverance, I got it working.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Hi ryguy72,

Glad to hear that you have resolved the issue by yourself. Thank you for the valuable sharing.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:53 AM