none
FIM Set as member of FIM "Administrators" set

Question

• We have a set called Super Admins. I want this set to add as member of FIM "Administrators" set.

• Is it feasible?.
    • I added "Super Admins" set as manually managed member of FIM "Administrators" set but its not giving the desired result.
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As per what i have done once in one of my project . Try to put the criteria which you are implementing on "Super Admins" set at "Administrators" set.

I hope it will work fine.

Thanks~

Giriraj Singh Bhamu

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:57 PM
  • But "Administrators" set dint have criteria based membership if I am not wrong

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Hi,

Yeah, You are right there is no criteria based membership option in by default "Administrators" set but i was talking about replacing it with manually created "Administrators" set.

But yeah it will be a bit risky so i suggest to take a backup before you perform it.

And other way is That try to remove and add "Super Admins" set again into the old "Administrators" set. I hope it will work.

Thanks~

Giriraj Singh Bhamu

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:32 PM
  • Yeah its a bit risky. I also tried adding again to "Administrators" set but it dint work. Anyone from Microsoft can help.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Hi I got how to make FIM inbuilt set "Administrators" as criteria based. Just open the set. Go to advanced view-> Extended attributes and put filter there. Thats it. Next time you open Administrators set, it shall be criteria based.

Friday, October 25, 2013 12:45 PM
  • Hello,

I would avoid changing the default Administrators set that way, as if something went went wrong on that, there is a good chance that you lockout every Admin from the Portal.

I never touch the Admins Sets/MPRs, instead for that i create a second one, its not to much work. Also you can not be sure that it maybe changes with updates to the product.

Its possible that way, but just be careful.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Friday, October 25, 2013 2:15 PM