none
set Exchange2010 to not accept any mails

Question

• Hi there

Please can you assist me with the following.

I am currently using exchange 2010 and would like to know if there is a way for me to set my server not to accept any new mails? IE user not sending from the account and not receiving into the account.

I am moving to a new platform of emails but would like the users to still have access to the old emails.

I will switch off the exchange server once I have successfully exported their mail to pst and imported to the new system. but untill them I would like my users still to have access to their mail currently in their mailboxes.

The new system is off site. So once I have changed my MX to the new site all mail from external to internal will use that server.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:23 AM

All replies

• There's multiple options, you can set the mailbox quota on the database level to 0 so they won't be able to send receive since everybody is over their quota.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Friday, July 13, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Any update on your issue?

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:35 AM